If you've never flown on a plane before, don't let the first-time jitters get ya! Here are 25 basic things to keep in mind before you hop on that flight:
1. First things first: Know what you're not allowed to bring on a flight!
2. Before you get to the airport, you should know which terminal you're going to.
3. Plan on being at the airport 2-3 hours before your flight.
4. Don't forget to check in!
5. Figure out what your deal is with checked vs. carry-on luggage.
6. Even if it's hot out, bring a sweater with you on the plane.
7. If you're bringing along several suitcases, you'll have to check them.
8. If it's a long trip, wear comfortable clothing.
9. Once you've checked your bags, you have to go through the security checkpoint.
10. After the security checkpoint, you'll move on to the boarding area.
11. In order to get on the plane, they will be ask you for your boarding pass (and potentially) a passport.
12. Only get in line to board the plane when the gate agent tells you to.
13. Chewing gum can be helpful during take-off.
14. Try to get a window seat if you can!
15. Some people find flying to be very peaceful.
16. Your phone should be on airplane mode during the entire flight.
17. Bring ear plugs.
18. If you're taking an international flight, you have to fill special forms and go through immigration when you arrive.
19. If you checked your bags, you'll have to pick them up at the baggage claim.
20. Many planes will have personal TV screens for each seat.
21. It's important to stay hydrated during long flights.
22. Investing in a neck pillow is almost always worth it.
23. The amount and quality of the food you get depends on the airline.
24. When the plane first lands, don't stand up immediately.
25. After you've flown once, chances are that you'll want to do it again and again!
This post was translated from Spanish.