1 single wood ladder
Slats of wood sized for the ladder’s steps (ours were 3 ¾” x 12 ½”)
2 thin link chains
4 cup hooks
Miracle-Gro® Moisture Control® Potting Mix soil
Bonnie Plants herbs
1. Dust off an old wooden ladder!
2. Measure the length and thickness of each step. Add 3 inches to the thickness measurement. This will be the height of your planter box sides.
3. Get planks of wood fitted to the length of the step and the planter box height measurement. Have two planks per step of the ladder.
4. Paint them to add a splash of color to the ladder.
5. Nail each plank along the side rails, creating a planter box out of each step.
6. Screw cup hooks into the ends of the tops of the side rails.
7. Screw corresponding cup hooks into the wall where the planter will be placed.
8. Add a thin chain onto each hook and connect to the ladder to prevent it from falling over.
9. Fill the planter boxes with Miracle-Gro® Moisture Control® Potting Mix soil and Bonnie Plants herbs for easy additions to meals and drinks.