We recently asked the BuzzFeed Community about their most embarrassing bikini wax experiences. Here are their crazy stories:
1. "She accidentally pulled the client's tampon string."
I work in a spa and heard an awkward shriek come from the waxing room. I asked my co-worker what happened. She told me she accidentally pulled the client's tampon string, then tried to push it back in. Needless to say, that client never came back.
2. "I faceplanted half naked on the floor."
My legs had fallen asleep during the waxing. When I tried to get off the table, my legs gave out and I faceplanted half naked onto the floor while my waxer watched in horror.
—Katy W., Facebook
3. "The woman farted and way more than just smelly air came out."
At my salon I do all of the body waxing services. While in the middle of waxing a client's backside, the woman farted and way more than just smelly air came out. It was a mess.
4. "Out of nowhere, I reached 'the top of the mountain' if you know what I mean."
I was impressed with how well I was handling the pain. Out of nowhere, I reached "the top of the mountain" if you know what I mean. The waxer handed me a towel and said, "Oh someone likes it rough!"
5. "I peed everywhere."
My first bikini wax was in high school. Two of my best friends waxed me while I laid on a coffee table in my basement. I guess you could say I was "surprised" by the pain, and I peed everywhere. I'm still embarrassed almost six years later.
6. "What nationality are your parents? Italian?"
The woman doing my Brazilian wax was a very old Russian lady. As I laid down on the table naked from the waist down, she looked at my crotch and in a thick Russian accent said, "What nationality are your parents? Italian?" Basically implying that I'm a very hairy girl. And for the record, yes, my parents are both Italian. That's why I was there in the first place!
7. "Halfway through my bikini wax, the fire alarm went off."
Halfway through my bikini wax, the fire alarm went off and everyone had to evacuate the building. Let's just say fire drills are not fun when there's wax all over your downstairs...
8. "I ended up having to call the guy I was dating to come and take the rest of the wax off."
I did my first ever bikini wax myself. I applied the wax not knowing that if left on too long, it would be impossible to remove. I spent nearly an hour trying to haul off the wax. I ended up having to call the guy I was dating to come and take the rest of the wax off. I've been sticking to the razor ever since.
9. "I shut my legs in pain, causing the wax to basically glue my vagina shut."
"I recently got my very first Brazilian wax. The lady had put two wax strips on the lip. When she pulled one, I shut my legs in pain, causing the wax to basically glue my vagina shut."
10. "So there I was crouched in the corner with no pants on, thong tucked to one side, blowing chunks."
When I'm in a lot of pain, I tend to vomit. I held it together as best I could, but as soon as it was done, I dove for the trash can in the corner. So there I was crouched in the corner with no pants on, thong tucked to one side, blowing chunks.
—Sandra Y., Facebook
11. "She proceeded to grab my hip bone as leverage."
When I lie down my hip bones tend to stick out pretty far. So when the wax lady was down there she said, "Hey, it's like a handle!" And she proceeded to grab my hip bone as leverage.
12. "I jokingly asked her, 'Do I have a normal vagina?' She looked at me and just laughed, 'Haha no.'"
When I went into the waxing room, I started making casual conversation with the aesthetician and I jokingly asked her, "Do I have a normal vagina?" She looked at me and just laughed, "Haha no." We didn't talk the rest of the time.
—Cailey H., Facebook
13. "The woman turned around to me pant-less and muttered, 'Oh my gosh…I only do eyebrows.'
Being the experienced person that I am with bikini waxes, I knew I needed to take off the clothes I was wearing on my lower half. The woman turned around to me pantless and muttered, "Oh my gosh…I only do eyebrows." I was so embarrassed, I pulled my undies up and ran out of there like the building was on fire!
14. "I was making small talk with my waxer and discovered she was from my hometown."
I was making small talk with my waxer and discovered she was from my hometown. It turns out I was best friends with her daughter when I was a kid. I had to lie there with it all out, asking how her daughter was doing, and slink out of there like, "Thanks for painfully removing all of my pubic hair, tell Shayla hello for me!"
15. "I farted loudly right into the waxer's face."
One time I got into the position where you pull your knees up to your chest and I farted loudly right into the waxer's face. I immediately yelled "SORRY!" and didn't look her in the eyes for the rest of the session.
16. "I downed a bottle of wine, took a deep breath, and counted to three."
I thought it would be genius to wax myself. I somehow managed to drop A LOT of hot wax all over the main hoo-ha area, as in NOT the bikini area. After a few seconds the wax had hardened and I realized I had basically sealed everything together. I attempted several pulls with zero success. So I did the only thing I could think of: I downed a bottle of wine, took a deep breath, and counted to three. My vajayjay was pissed!
17. "It hurt so bad, I started crying and having an anxiety attack."
It hurt so bad, I started crying and having an anxiety attack. The aesthetician said, "Oh I'm so sorry! I've never had anyone cry on me before." Literally the exact opposite of what I wanted to hear in that moment. Terrible first experience.
—Jordan B., Facebook
18. "Got up to turn over and the paper was COMPLETELY stuck to my ass."
It was my second Brazilian wax appointment and it was a ridiculously hot day. When I got up to turn over the sanitary paper was COMPLETELY stuck to my ass. Took several minutes to get all of it off and she stood there while my face turned red and sweaty. Damn you, humidity.
—Emily E., Facebook
19. "The woman doing my wax would first put the wax on me and then awkwardly blow on me."
The woman doing my wax would first put the wax on me and then awkwardly blow on me to cool the wax down. She would look up and smile every time she did it. It was traumatizing.
20. "She sighed and got an electric shaver. I was mortified."
It was my first time. The waxer looked at me and said, "Oh my god. You didn't trim beforehand?!" She sighed and got an electric shaver. I was mortified. I was even more mortified when she said, "You're so dry." I didn't say another word until checkout...45 minutes later.
—Whitten F., Facebook
21. "I got up to soaking wet paper from my nervous back sweat. Gross."
It was my first wax ever and every time the wax came off I'd laugh like hell because I was so nervous. When we were done, I got up to soaking wet paper from my nervous back sweat. Gross.