6. Chumbawamba ,”Tubthumping”
The classic puke-and-rally war cry. Except when you’re an adult. Taking a whiskey drink followed by a vodka drink followed by a lager drink followed by a cider drink means you’re staying down for the rest of the night and probably most of the next morning.
7. Blessid Union of Souls, “Hey Leonardo (She Likes Me For Me)”
This one is a double whammy. No one here is friends with Leonardo DiCaprio or Steve Buscemi, those hollywood dreams died the moment you started waiting tables in LA. Also, the last person who said “she likes me for me” was probably told a month later “it’s not you, its me”.
9. TLC, “No Scrubs”
“Forget guys!” you said as you and 10 other girls ate cookie dough and did each other’s nails at the slumber-party in Rebecca’s basement. What you didn’t know at the time unless you watched ER was that doctors wear scrubs and are ideal significant others.
10. The Goo Goo Dolls, “Slide”
Think back to freshman year college when you said to yourself “hey, I’m gonna learn to play Slide on the guitar for all the girls on the dorm floor”. Turns out, the only sliding you’ve been doing is the Electric Slide alone at all your friend’s weddings.
11. Backstreet Boys, “I Want It That Way”
Admit it, Backstreet Boys was YOUR jam from 1997-1999. No one understood them like you did. Back then, you could totally get away with saying “I Want It That Way”, after all we were kids. Then you grew up and the only thing you “want your way” is a BurgerKing double cheeseburger.
12. *NSYNC, “Tearin’ Up My Heart”
I threw this one on here so I wouldn’t get flooded with “Hey you forgot *NYSNC dude” comments. Fair enough, but I don’t really have anything besides a joke about JT being super famous and all of us not being super famous. I feel like that’s been played out ad nauseam though. Maybe adult life is just redundant? Or maybe it’s redundant?
14. Alanis Morissette, “Ironic”
The ironic thing about being an adult is that nearly nothing in this song has actually happened to you. And the things that have happened (“a traffic jam when you’re already late”) are less ironic as they are just really inconvenient.
17. Dishwalla, “Counting Blue Cars”
So as an adult you sometimes find yourself stuck talking to children, probably at family functions like holidays at the in-laws. What’s worse than the in-laws you ask? Having some kid with pasta-sauce all over his face ask you asinine questions like “Tell me all your thoughts on God”. Believe me kid, if God existed he wouldn’t have created you.
20. Paula Cole, “I Don’t Want to Wait”
Remember hearing this song and saying “Hell yea, Dawson’s Creek is on”? If you can’t admit to saying that then you’re probably lying about not singing this song in the shower either. “So open up your morning light and say a little prayer for right” might hands down be the most beautiful opening lines to a song ever. But every year we get older this song just gets that more relevant.
- UK chancellor George Osborne says Brexit will impact the economy but Britain faces the challenge from "a position of strength."
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.
- S&P, one of the major ratings agencies, has stripped the UK of its triple-A credit rating in the aftermath of Brexit.