Broccoli And Chicken Mac ‘N’ Cheese
1 pound elbow macaroni
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons flour
5 cups MILK (whole)
5 cups shredded cheese, divided
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
2 cups chopped steamed broccoli
1½ tablespoon seasoning salt
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, then cook pasta according to package directions (about 8 minutes). Drain and reserve.
- Over med-high heat, melt butter, add flour, and stir until blended (about 1 minute; do not brown).
- Slowly whisk in milk, ½ –¾ cup at a time, periodically using a spatula to scrape up the thicker sauce from the sides of the pan. Then, switch to whisk to incorporate. Keep whisking until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Whisk in ricotta, then 4 cups of the shredded cheese, one by one. Add seasoning salt. Add pasta, chicken, and broccoli to cheese sauce and combine.
- Pour ½ of contents into a baking dish and sprinkle with ½ cup shredded cheese. Add remaining pasta and top with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove foil, then cook for remaining 5 minutes or until browned.