The coronavirus has been hard on all of us, but family-owned restaurants have been among the most impacted. To try and help the situation, many kids have taken to Twitter to get the word out about their parents' restaurants.
Below is a list of these places you can help by ordering takeout or delivery! But please — remember to practice social distancing, take precautions, and listen to the advisement of your local and state governments.
Note: A lot of these deliver through companies like DoorDash and GrubHub too!
1. Honolulu, Hawaii: House of Wong Restaurant
2. San Diego, California: Chamorro Grill: Island BBQ Restaurant
3. Northbrook, Illinois: Los Huaraches
4. Oxnard, California: Tacos Mi Pueblo
5. Brampton, Ontario, Canada: New Falafel Garden Restaurant
6. Sunnyvale, California: Taqueria El Grullo
7. Normandy Park, Washington: Rose Pho
8. Saratoga, California: La Cueva Mexican Grill
9. Austin, Texas: Mariana's Kitchen
10. Anaheim, California: Hatam Restaurant
11. San Antonio, Texas: Fattboy Burgers and Dogs
12. Manhattan Beach, California: Sion's Mexican Restaurant
13. Lewisville, Texas: Taqueria Guadalajara
14. Los Angeles, California: Ham Hung Restaurant
15. Waipahu, Hawaii: Honolulu Kitchen
16. San Diego, California: Luong Hai Ky
17. Des Moines, Washington: Tuscany at Des Moines Creek
18. Oxnard, California: The Golden Egg Cafe
19. Dublin, California: Khyber Pass Kabob
Don't live anywhere near these restaurants? Consider ordering takeout or delivery from a family-owned restaurant near you — or buy a gift certificate from them that you can use in the future. It will all help!
And remember to stay safe and smart about social distancing!