37 Food Hacks Discovered By Real People That Are Borderline Genius
'Scuse me while I go try ALL of these.
1. Keep your avocado fresh longer by storing it with an onion:
Want to take this idea to the next level? Use a waffle iron to make grilled cheeses...using actual waffles:
11. Grapes + lemon juice + gelatin mix = "Sour Patch Kids" candy grapes:
Here's a video that will show you how to make these!
13. Speaking of less mess...here's a genius way to ice sugar over pastries, cookies, or cakes with almost no cleanup:
14. Use a wine bottle to make homemade ravioli:
Looks pretty cool, huh?
17. Cook bacon on a rack in your oven for easier cleanup — and for crispier, less greasy slices:
18. You can also weave your bacon like a basket to make the world's best bacon burger or BLT:
Here's a video that shows you how to do it!
20. I lied, here's one last bacon hack — cut and freeze bacon so you can eat exactly how much you want when you want it, and not have to cook the whole pound all at once:
21. Making pizza bagels? Put pepperoni over the bagel hole to a) stop cheese from melting though and sticking to the pan, and b) seriously upgrade the yumminess:
24. Don't have a mason jar lid? You can also make a stellar egg round using an onion ring:
26. Tired of all the fixings falling out of your burger? Wrap a piece of lettuce around the back end to keep it all in place:
30. Seriously upgrade your iced coffee by making coffee ice cubes:
33. You can "bread" chicken with crushed, dried edamame for a carb-friendly treat:
34. Use a baby monitor (LOL) to keep an eye on the temperature on a grill or smoker while you do other things:
35. Upgrade your grilled cheese by spreading mayo — instead of butter — on the bread:
Share This Article
Get all the best Tasty recipes in your inbox! Sign up for the Tasty newsletter today!