We recently asked parents of the BuzzFeed Community to share the essentials you need when taking a baby into public, and they clearly know their stuff!
1. Two (yes, two!) changes of clothes for the baby kept in gallon-sized zip top bags.
2. A backup shirt for you.
3. A pacifier.
4. Also, if your baby uses a pacifier, pacifier clips are a must to keep them from getting lost.
5. Silicone placemats to put on the table for your baby's snacks/food.
6. A cart/high chair cover for babies that can sit up.
7. Baby snacks like Puffs.
8. A snack (or two) for mom, especially if you are breastfeeding.
9. Bring water for yourself!
10. Disposable changing pads in case the facilities are inadequate or nonexistent.
11. Bottles with pre-measured formula added if you bottle feed.
12. To-go pack of Clorox wipes.
13. A small bottle of Infants' Tylenol.
14. A baby carrier.
15. An umbrella stroller.
17. A teether necklace.
18. Spit rags or burp cloths.
19. I keep Chapstick, hair ties, bobby pins and a pen in the diaper bag.
Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.