We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to share a real person's name that they found wildly original/unusual/surprising. The results are a bevy of name ideas you've probably never considered:
1. "I know a girl named 'Guitar' — she’s pretty cool."
2. "I babysat a boy once whose name was literally 'Gamble.'"
3. "I’m a graphic designer and used to work with someone who named their daughter 'Pixel.'"
4. "I once served a customer named 'Excalibur' — his real name on his I.D. I thought that was pretty cool."
5. "I know a girl named 'Peachy' and it’s actually grown on me, tbh. It really suits her."
6. "My stepsister named her son 'Drizzt' after the Dungeons and Dragons game, The Legend of Drizzt."
7. "I went to Girl Scout camp with a girl named 'Seven.'”
8. "I know this girl that has a super cute name — 'Foxwood.'"
9. "One of my coworkers has a son named 'Colorado.' I kinda like it."
10. "Dragon — an ex broke up with me and got another girl pregnant. They named the kid 'Dragon.'"
11. "My best friend's name is 'Rageous.' She’s the only person I know with such a unique name."
12. "I know a kid named 'Draco' after 'Draco Malfoy' from Harry Potter. The scary thing is that he actually looks like Tom Felton."
13. "My name — Charlsey."
14. "I have a great aunt in Florida who named her son 'Himself.'"
15. "My name is 'Eibhlin.' You can imagine the spellings and pronunciations I've gotten over the last 20 years."
16. "My uncle named his five daughters 'Ruby,' 'Opal,' 'Emerald,' 'Pearl,' and 'Diamond!'"
17. "I knew a girl named 'Guess.'"
18. "My niece’s first name is Hiëronymus! For short, we call her 'H'! Fortunately, she’s an awesome child and can totally handle it!"
19. "My name is 'Rollens.'" My dad had an obsession with the punk rock band Black Flag, so he suggested naming me after the lead singer Henry Rollins."
20. "My name is 'Random,' inspired by The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and my dad's love you randomness."
21. "I went to high school with a girl named 'Cricket.' Nice girl, the name really fits her perfectly."
22. "My name is 'Arayvia.' It's like Arabia but with a 'V.' Apparently I'm one of the only Arayvia's in the world."
23. "I know a little girl named 'Scheherazade.' (Pronounced shuh-hair-uh-zahd). Apparently Scheherazade is a literary character from Arabian Nights."
24. "I once had a customer named 'Kitty Birdsong.' You can’t convince me that she isn’t friends with all the adorable woodland creatures."
25. "I know a kid named 'Sheriff.' Oddly enough, it does suit him!"
26. "My ex dumped me for someone named 'Tree.'"
27. "My own! My name is 'Cyann.'"
28. "My name is 'Cedar.' Yep, like the tree."
29. "A girl at my university is named 'Asada.' Every time I hear it, I think of carne asada."
30. "I work at Build-A-Bear, so naturally I have heard a lot of interesting kids names. The best ones were a couple of siblings named 'Minnie' and 'Van.'"
31. "My name is 'Krychelle.' It’s pronounced Kri-shell. It’s is constantly getting mispronounced and I have yet to meet another person with my name."
32. "'Life Improvement' was the first name of a student I once taught."
33. "I went to camp with a girl named 'Cascade.'"
34. "My next door neighbor named her twin boys 'Nikola' and 'Tesla.'"
35. "When I worked at Disneyland, I was helping a guest purchase annual passes. When I asked the names of her two boys, she said 'Coal' and 'Steel.'"
36. "I went to high school with someone named 'Amanda Lynn.' Her parents were musically inclined and named her after a mandolin. I always thought it was pretty neat!"
Want to be featured in future BuzzFeed posts? Follow the BuzzFeed Community on Facebook and Twitter!
Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.