1. Tie a dollar-store basket to the front of your kid's bike.
2. Dollar-store baskets are also great for organizing outdoor summer fun.
3. Make one of these awesome hideouts using a hula hoop and a bedsheet.
4. Turn pool noodles into a backyard obstacle course.
5. You can also DIY a pool noodle into a sprinkler.
6. Make an unforgettable ice cream bar by putting sprinkles and crushed cookies in shaker jars.
7. DIY this backyard tic-tac-toe game with a shower curtain, tape, and Frisbees.
8. Make sure your kids pull their weight by turning these dollar-store staples into chore baskets.
9. Freeze dollar-store toys and trinkets in water to make “ice eggs.”
10. Transform a stackable bin into a doll swing.
11. Dollar-store sponges and chalk are all you need to turn your driveway into a bull’s-eye target game.
12. Dollar-store sponges can also be used to keep your kids cool as they play.
Find the tutorial for these "cool-off necklaces" here.