We recently asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the things seniors in high school should do before they graduate, and seniors, you'll want to read this:
1. "Write down your favorite quotes and memories of your friends. You always think that you'll remember something forever but the reality is you don't!"
2. "Go up to someone you hurt at some point and say, 'Hey, I just want to tell you I wish I never hurt you. You're a good person and you deserve a good life.' It will make you feel better and it will probably make the person feel better too."
3. "Take a minute to just look around at the halls, the classrooms, and the people. Soak it in because a part of you will probably miss at least some aspects of it one day."
4. "Go to the senior class events your school throws (lock-ins, skip days, etc)."
5. "Try putting kind notes on random lockers every day of the last week of school and don't tell the owners of the lockers it was you until the last day."
6. "Separate yourself and your future plans from any high school boyfriend or girlfriend."
7. "Talk to people outside your friend circle. Spend some time with them and get to know them. You would be surprised how much you may have in common with your classmates. Let go of grudges and misconceptions about people."
8. "Thank your favorite teachers! Teachers are so under appreciated and they work so hard! I promise it will mean so much to them if you thank them."
9. "If you have a teacher who has ever made you feel less than you're worth, tell them off. You did it!"
10. "Report in writing (cc'd to anyone and everyone) any teachers who've behaved illegally. Quality control."
11. "Sleep! Once college, jobs, babies, etc. start happening you’ll be daydreaming of those Sundays when you had absolutely nothing to do."
12. "Have a Ferris Bueller-style day off. Don’t tell anyone what’s going on unless they’re part of it (not even parents) and skip school to goof off with your friends one day near the end of the year."
13. "Spend some time with your family. Sit at the dinner table eating a home-cooked meal and talking about your days. You won't know until later just how precious those memories are."
14. "Cherish your real friends. Enjoy your time with them because you will all be going your separate ways soon."
15. "Let go of those toxic friends you have a bad feeling about. Just because you've known them since middle school isn’t a good reason to keep bad company. Start fresh and enjoy your new friends (and yourself)."
16. "Everyone should eat lunch outside with their friends and listen to music, at least once. It seems ordinary, but it’s one of my fondest memories from high school."
17. "Write a letter to your future self!"
18. "Watch the sunset with your friends on school property — on the football field, the parking lot on your car, wherever you can get away with."
19. "Make sure you graduate. If you are in any danger of not graduating, you need to get it together and do whatever it takes to get that diploma. You will do terrible damage to yourself if you don’t."
20. "Pay that money to buy your yearbook! You’re not too cool for it. Make those memories."
21. "Change your mind. Seriously. The older you get, the harder (and more expensive) it is to change your path in life, so if you're already having doubts about your post-high school plans for the future, it isn't too late to make new ones."
22. "If your parents allow it (and especially if you haven’t already), throw a party with all your friends. This is one of the last times you may be able to hang out with all your pals before life gets in the way and everyone goes off to chase their own dreams."
But with all that said, this is good advice too:
23. "Try not to get bogged down in what you 'should' do. Don't give yourself anxiety for not reaching some arbitrary milestone."
Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.