21 Secret Gross Things Pregnant Women Did When No One Was Looking
Kids have no idea what their moms went through to get them here.
We recently asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the gross things they secretly did when they were pregnant, and, oh baby, they didn't hold back:
1. "I bought rubber medical gloves so I could manually disimpact myself because I was constipated. It was a regular occurrence."
2. "I drank heartburn medicine directly from the bottle like a Pepto-wino. There was no point in using a spoon at the end as I was consuming so much of it."
3. "My nose was really dry towards the end of my pregnancy, so I was obsessed with picking it. I had the hugest boogers up there. I was super impressed."
4. "I marveled at the size of my poops. Pregnancy poops are legitimately huge."
5. I was waitressing while pregnant, and there wasn't a bin in that restaurant I didn't throw up in."
6. "The last few weeks of pregnancy I wore Depends to bed because it was just too hard to get out of bed and go down to the bathroom all night long."
7. "I had major hemorrhoids, so my doctor gave me suppositories. I was instructed to manually (digitally, really) 'stuff' them (hemorrhoids included) back into my asshole."
8. "Having to shower every time after I pooped. Hemorrhoids make things, um, messy."
9. "When I got pregnant my boobs were huge and my boyfriend had a fetish of drinking my breastmilk, so of course I got curious and took a suck myself."
10. "I had to do a 24-hour urine collection to test for pre-eclampsia, and peed way more than the collection container they gave me. So, I ended up using cleaned-out plastic fast food cups to hold the rest of the urine. I then had to drive to the lab and hand the poor lab assistant my piss-filled cups."
11. “By month seven, I stopped shaving/waxing my lady parts — and my husband was too afraid to do it for fear of ‘cutting something off’ — so I embraced having pubic hair for the first time since middle school.”
12. "By the end I couldn't stand long enough to take a shower — or get in and out of the bath by myself — so I would go days using baby wipes to 'bathe' myself."
13. "After a membrane sweep, I had my bloody show/mucus plug and took a photo of it to show to my mum because it was in the shape of a stork."
14. "I ate pickles and chocolate milk at the same time! Nightly craving through my first trimester."
15. "I ate food on the toilet. At night, every time I had to pee, I would grab a Twinkie and eat it in the bathroom."
16. "When I was pregnant I would see how far I could get milk to squirt out."
18. "I was 42 weeks pregnant in August. One night I was so sweaty my husband woke me up to ask me if my water broke. I stopped caring how gross I could get."
19. "Having urinary incontinence while sneezing, laughing, coughing. It was lovely."
20. "I checked my own cervix dilation. I was in early stage of labor for a month and a half and had consistent contractions, so instead of going to the hospital five times a week, I just checked my own cervix."
21. "I had horrible morning sickness and would vomit so violently I would pee. So, when I felt sick, instead of changing my clothes and cleaning the bathroom floor multiple times a day, I'd strip naked and hug the toilet while sitting on a towel."
“Afterward, I’d put my underwear and pants back on, hang up the pee towel, and prepare for the next session (usually 10 minutes later).”
Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.