We asked the members of BuzzFeed Community to share their funniest and most facepalm-worthy pregnancy brain fails:
1. "I was trying to multitask as I got ready in the morning, but instead of putting milk on my cereal, I put a big scoop of wet cat food on it."
2. "I’d collected a urine specimen and was told by the nurse to put it in the pass-through cabinet so they could test it. I somehow didn't see the pass-through cabinet, so I put it in the cabinet on the wall with the spare toilet paper and cleaner!"
3. "I packed my hubbie's lunch in the morning, then at lunchtime got a photo from him of his sandwich with nothing in it! Just two pieces of bread."
4. "I wanted to visit my sister so I called for a taxi. The taxi arrived in less than five minutes, but when I sat down inside it I'd forgotten where I wanted to go."
5. "I forgot the gate code to get into my work parking lot. I tried to remember it for about 10 mins and ending up having to park elsewhere and use the public lobby to get in."
6. "At work I kept dialing a phone number but the phone wouldn't ring. So I hung up and tried again. I did this three or four times before I realized that I was typing the phone number onto my keyboard."
7. “I was shopping for jeans and felt like someone was watching me — just hovering and staring. This went on for several minutes. I finally had enough and was ready to fight. I turned to say something only to realize it was a mannequin. A headless mannequin.”
8. "I was running the register at work and tried to swipe a $20 bill through the credit card machine. I then stood there looking at it like 'Why isn't this working?'"
9. "I once emptied a completely full, dirty dishwasher into the cabinets without noticing they were so filthy."
10. "I ordered a chicken quesadilla...but asked that they put no cheese in it. My husband still makes fun of me for that."
11. "My pants were in the dryer, so I got ready to go out pantsless. I went through all the steps — finished my hair, put on my jacket, pulled on my socks and shoes. I grabbed my purse and was about to open the door when my 5-year-old said, 'Can I go outside without pants too, mom?'"
12. "I couldn't remember my baby's birth date but I knew it was on Cinco de Mayo."
13. "I went to the toilet and tried to flush it by flicking the light switch on and off, then complained when it wouldn’t flush. I was there for a good five minutes."
14. "I was on the phone with a representative from another company when they asked how I spelled my name — and I completely forgot. I got the "A" but couldn't think of the rest. 'Alicia' is very simple to spell but I couldn't do it. It came back to me after a few awkward seconds."
15. "I once went shopping with my pants on inside out. When I saw myself in a mirror a look of absolute horror came over my face before I hightailed it to the bathroom to fix them."
16. "During a 10-hour shift I locked myself out of my office three...separate...times."
17. "I was to give a speech at a graduation ceremony and had everything written out. Once I got to the podium, though, I completely blanked. I stumbled through a few words and went back to my seat, mortified. I almost blurted out on stage that it was pregnancy brain, but we hadn't even told our family I was pregnant yet."
18. "I couldn't find my phone at work for several hours. Eventually I looked in my bag and found a tub of yogurt — my phone was in the fridge!"
19. "I got really upset and cried because there weren't any pancakes at Waffle House."
20. "I got out of the shower and realized I'd only shaved one leg, so I got back in only to shave the already-shaved leg one more time."
21. "I couldn't remember the word 'hand.' Called it an 'arm foot' for hours."
Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.