We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the laziest thing their kids have ever done. Their answers prove kids are the Michelangelos of laziness:
1. "I asked my 10-year-old how her Eggo pancakes were and she said, 'Good, but I was too lazy to microwave them. It would have taken thirty extra seconds. But they were OK frozen.'"
2. "My 7-year-old threw a fit because he had to walk around the kitchen island to get his drink."
3. "I caught my 8-year-old son sleeping in his school clothes. When I asked him why, he said, 'Sleeping in my clothes means I can sleep in longer. Work smarter, not harder, mom. Isn't that what dad alway says?'"
4. "When my little brother was 3 he threw up on the carpet in his room, but didn’t say a word about it to anyone — just covered it with a paper towel. It took a while to figure out that stink."
5. "I asked my son, 'Did you brush your teeth?' He said, 'No, I just chewed gum.'"
6. "My 3-year-old daughter makes me hold her iPad while she watches videos on it. She doesn't care even if I’m in the middle of cooking or cleaning."
7. "My brother used to pee in the heating vent next to his bed rather than go to the bathroom that was literally 3 feet from his bedroom. We figured it out when our whole house started to smell like a urinal."
8. "My son didn't like making his bed, so instead of laying under the blankets at night, he laid on top of them. That way, he didn't mess up his bed."
9. "My son used to take the lint out of the lint trap, then let it pile up on top of the dryer instead of throwing it in the garbage can sitting right next to the laundry."
10. "I handed my son a stack of his folded undies, pjs, pants, shorts, and t-shirts, and told him to put them away. Later, I opened the underwear drawer to find the entire stack stuffed in there."
11. "My son will hand me his pacifier and pucker his lips for me to place the pacifier — which was just in his hand — into his mouth."
12. "My 11-year-old daughter was getting oily, flat, dirty hair. After a little investigation, we discovered she was only using conditioner in the shower. It was too much trouble to wash first."
13. "When I told my son his clothes didn't match, he took them off and threw them into the dirty clothes so he didn’t have to put them away."
14. "My sister used to avoid vacuuming by standing the vacuum in the living room, turning it on, then walking away to watch TV. She'd come back a little while later and turn it off."
15. "I don’t know how but my daughter figured out how to pee standing up."
16. "My 13-year-old put his laundry in the washer, but didn't use laundry soap because he was being lazy."
17. "My almost 16-month-old will bring me his sippy so that I can hold it for him while he drinks from it."
18. "My 6-year-old niece was at her mom's boyfriend's house when she went to use the bathroom. She accidentally got poop on her finger, but instead of wiping it on toilet paper, she wiped it all over his walls because 'the walls were brown and no one would notice.'"
19. "I honestly couldn’t make it any easier. 🤦🏻♀️ 🤦🏻♀️🤦🏻♀️"
Want to be featured in future BuzzFeed posts? Follow the BuzzFeed Community on Facebook and Twitter!
Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.