19 Kids Who Insulted Adults So Hard They Probably Cried Into Their Pillows
"The boy came up behind me and whispered, 'You look like Shrek.'"
We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to share the most devastating insult they ever heard a kid say to an adult, and it's proof that not all kids are cute and cuddly:
1. "I had a kid at work ask me if I was an elf disguised as a human because my ears are so big."
2. "My 5-year-old held the door open for me when I was carrying groceries into the house, so I said, 'Thanks, buddy.' He replied, 'I'm helping the elderly.' I'm 27."
3. "I used to be a nanny for a little boy. One day, while I was looking at my reflection in a mirror, he came up behind me and whispered, 'You look like Shrek.'"
4. "My nephew said, 'I like butterflies, flowers, rainbows and hearts.' My friend then asked, 'What about your aunt?' My nephew said, 'No. I like beautiful things.'”
5. "I was on the bus with an 11-year-old girl I was nannying when she pointed out a woman sitting across from us and said, 'Look, she has the same haircut as you! But you see, it looks good on her.'"
6. "My 8-year-old son suggested I dye my hair a very bright color — that way people wouldn't be looking at how fat I was, they'd be looking at my hair."
7. "My older sister was trying to hype me up about my dating life, so I jokingly asked, 'OK so why am I still single then?' My 5-year-old nephew, who was walking past us, said, 'Cause you’re boring and have no friends.'"
8. "My mom came back from the dentist and told us she had sensitive teeth because she had bone loss. My 8-year-old sister replied, 'You have everything loss, bone loss, hair loss, sight loss, everything but weight loss.'"
9. "I was driving my 5-year-old niece home after spending the day with her. Out of nowhere she said, 'Lala, I'm so sad for you. You're never going to get married and you live alone.'"
10. "I was picking up my nieces to take them to soccer, and as they were leaving they were told to 'be good for Sasha.' The 6-year-old looked me right in the eyes with her hands on her hips and said, 'What's the point?'"
11. "My friend's 5-year-old made up a song about her mom's 'long boobs' while my friend was trying on bathing suits."
12. "I used to work at a daycare and a sassy little girl named Arya once told me I have the face of a monster."
13. "My little cousin asked me why I didn't wear contacts, and I said, 'Because I feel like I look better with glasses on.' She asked me to take my glasses off, and when I did she said, 'Yeah, you're right.'"
14. "I recently lost a considerable amount of weight and have loose skin. My 4-year-niece brought her friend over to me, lifted up my shirt, and said, 'See, I told you she's melting.' I wear spanx now when I see her."
15. "My 4-year-old niece was watching me put makeup on. When I finished, she said, 'You look pretty with makeup on.' I said, "Oh, do I not look pretty without makeup?' To which she replied, 'No.'"
16. "I was babysitting a group of kids when I asked them what they would do if they had $100. One girl answered, 'I would buy you a boyfriend.'”
17. "My 6-year-old is notoriously picky. A few months ago, I made steak and Caesar salad for dinner, and when I put his in front of him, he said (very seriously), 'Now THAT’S a meal, Mom. Finally.'”
18. "My friend's daughter drew a very detailed picture of me sitting on the couch having coffee with a messy bun and my neck fat lines."
19. "I used to work at a youth center, and one day I was playing 'I Spy' with a group of elementary-aged kids. One kid said, 'I spy something yellow.' No one could figure it out, so I asked her what she spied. She bellowed, 'Your teeth, Miss J!'"
Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.