10. Offer to chaperone field trips.
Looking after all those kids is a big job, so let the school know you’d like to go along for the ride. The bus driver especially will appreciate the extra help.
11. Lend a hand at dances and recitals.
These events are ideal for parents who absolutely can’t get away during the day. Ask your school - there’s a lot more going on in the evening than you realize.
15. Assist with extra curricular activities like drama and art.
You don’t think kids learn these funky moves without a little extra help, do you? Parents can assist with costumes for the school plays, or even offer to wash the smocks in the art room.
16. You can assist on the sports field, too.
From helping with practice to coordinating snacks, travel, and team parties, there’s always a need for an extra helping hand.
17. Don’t be afraid to try out different ways to be involved.
If one hat doesn’t fit, so to speak, try another. It might take a little to find the involvement that works best for you, but once you do you’ll be happy and able to play a more valuable role at the school.
- And Millie Bobby Brown — Eleven from "Stranger Things" — looks badass on her first magazine cover ✨