Mr. 92 Wins, aka John Williams, is best known for composing the Academy Award winning themes to Jaws, Star Wars, E.T., and Schindler’s List.
He’s nominated for another Academy Award this year for his score to The Book Thief. It’s his 49th nomination.
3. You’ve won so many awards in one night that you can barely hold them.
Adele won six Grammys at the 2012 Grammys, and now has 10 overall.
7. You send someone in your place to reject your award.
In 1973, Marlon Brando sent actress Sacheen Littlefeather to reject the Academy Award he won for his performance in The Godfather. He said it was to protest the treatment of Native Americans in Hollywood, but maybe it was also because he’d already won one and was over it.
9. You’ve won so many awards that you’ve lost count.
Meryl Streep recently told Ellen DeGeneres she didn’t know how many awards she’s won. The number could get even harder to remember if she wins Best Actress at this year’s Academy Awards for her performance in August: Osage County.
14. Instead of savoring the moment at an awards show, you get your drink on.
You can do that when, like Emma Thompson, you’ve already won Academy Awards for acting AND screenwriting.
16. You’ve won the E.G.O.T.
Composer Marvin Hamlisch, the guy behind the music of A Chorus Line, was one of only 11 people to win an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony Award (aka an E.G.O.T.) As if that weren’t enough, he also won a Pulitzer Prize.
Frozen songwriter Robert Lopez could become the 12th member of the E.G.O.T. club if “Let It Go” wins Best Song at the Academy Awards this Sunday.
He won a Tony and Grammy for co-writing the musical Book Of Mormon, and an Emmy for the music on The Wonder Pets.
- The White House tried to stop Congress from blaming Russia for election-related cyberattacks, BuzzFeed News has learned.
- Monday night's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.