We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us about the grossest thing they ever saw happen in public, and the results will make you want to stay indoors:
1. "I was riding a transit train in downtown Portland one morning when I noticed a woman sitting on a bench was peeing. The pee was flowing down through the bench. Afterward, she pulled her pants up as nonchalant as you please."
2. "I was waiting in line to get on a ride at Disneyland when, in front of me, this girl and her friends were taking turns popping each other’s zits. The worst part was they were touching the rails and everything in the park, so they were just putting all that bacteria right on their skin. So. Sick."
3. "When I was in college this girl would floss in the cafeteria when other people were still eating. It was disgusting."
4. "I used to live near a hospital, and one day I came out from the train and thought, Wow, it really smells like shit. I turned the corner and saw a guy talking on the payphone, wearing scrubs with HUGE shit stains in the pants and an ever-growing pile of shit at the bottom of the pants leg. He was just chatting calmly, never once saying something like, 'Dude, come get me, I've shit my pants in public!'"
5. "On a plane I sat next to a guy who — after eating dinner — took out a toothpick and used it to clean his teeth, his fingernails, and then, his ears! ALL WITH THE SAME TOOTHPICK!"
6. "Last year I witnessed a woman shaving her legs with an electric shaver ON A TRAIN."
8. "I was on the Amtrak sitting across from a group of Amish teenagers who were eating lunch. When they were done eating one of the boys TOOK HIS DENTURES OUT AND STARTED LICKING THEM CLEAN. I have never been more appalled in my entire life."
9. "I was eating breakfast In a cafe in London when the man next to me took off his shoe, then whipped out a can of deodorant and emptied the entire can onto his exposed foot."
10. "I was at the airport and on the way to my gate I noticed a couple next to me. The husband had his arm around the wife, but his fingers were in her mouth — and she seemed to be enjoying it."
11. "I'm a flight attendant and the amount of people who use the tray tables to change their babies' diapers is astonishing. They also always try to hand the dirty diapers to me as I walk through the aisle. Why would I want to touch your baby's dirty diaper?"
12. "On a plane the man next to me took off his shoes and socks and kept RUBBING HIS TOES on my backpack. HIS BARE TOES with long, yellow toenails. I couldn't change seats until the plane was in the air, and until then he rubbed his foot on my backpack nonstop."
13. "I was in the bathroom at a waterpark when I witnessed a woman using a dollar bill to floss between her teeth."
14. "I was sitting in a waiting area across from a man wearing sweatpants when I realized that A) he had a hole in his sweatpants, and B) he wasn't wearing underwear because his testicle was hanging out."
15. "I was taking the bus with my friend and could hear a weird noise but couldn't figure out what it was. I started looking around and realized the man sitting in front of us had unzipped his pants and was casually peeing on the floor in front of him."
16. "An elderly woman in the produce section pulled out an onion, peeled it, and then stuck her almost inch long nail ALL THE WAY INTO THE ONION. She then licked the onion juice off her nail and decided, I guess, that it wasn't good. So she put the onion back. ON THE RACK. I don't buy onions there to this day."
And lastly, here's one you probably want to skip if you — don't say I didn't warn you:
17. "I was walking down the street when I saw a woman and her toddler-aged son. He had an extremely runny nose and was crying, and his mom — who had both of her hands full — was looking around as if for a solution. Unable to find one, she bent down and sucked the snot off of his face and then spat it out onto the floor. I threw up."
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.