15 People Share The Most Spoiled Thing They've Heard Someone Say, And I'm Honestly Speechless
More spoiled than milk left out overnight.
1. "I went to middle school in the wealthy area of Boca Raton even though I lived in a more modest part. One day, I found a girl crying on the bathroom floor. When I asked her why she was crying, she said, through sobs, that her mom wouldn’t let her get a new $350 Tory Burch bag.
2. "In high school a boy in my class asked the teacher, 'How can people live making less than $200,000 a year?'"
3. "This guy I know just turned 16 a couple of months ago. He got a Tesla for his birthday but came into class the next day ranting about how he wanted a Lambo."
4. "There's a customer who shops at my store who always throws the loose change they get back into the garbage can on their way out."
5. "My husband had a classmate who got his high school girlfriend pregnant. He didn't want to get married, but his mother convinced him to do the 'right' thing by buying him a sports car, Xbox, and a bunch of other expensive stuff."
6. "I went to a private school and once, I saw a girl carry her cover-less Macbook above her hair to protect her head from the rain."
7. "In middle school I had a friend who cried for an entire week in school because her dad reduced her allowance from 1,500 to 1,000 Swiss francs per month. The average weekly allowance in our class was 30."
8. “I told a girl, 'I like your jacket!' and she replied, 'It was $270 and I got it when my family went on a trip to Sweden.'"
9. "In my senior year of high school, one of my teachers dedicated class time to get us to sign up for scholarships. This one snooty little rich girl refused to because, and I quote, 'My parents can pay for it so it's whatever.'"
10. "In high school one of my peers got a BMW for their 16th birthday, then crashed it while failing their driver's test. They got the car back from the shop, passed their test, then — no joke — totaled it within a week by accidentally rolling it into an intersection. Their parents got them another brand-new BMW a few days later."
11. "I overheard a college-aged girl touring my apartment complex ask if there were housekeepers who came in every week to clean the apartments. The poor employee responded, 'No, but we have maintenance workers.'"
12. "I was waiting for a college class to start when I overheard a girl tell another girl that her mom was on her about getting a job, but that she really liked her lifestyle of partying and didn't want to upset that with having to work."
13. "In college I was supposed to go see a movie with friends, but they decided not to go and instead spent TWO hours talking about the things they'll inherit when their family members die."
14. "On a field trip with my youth choir, the girl in front of me ground an entire packet of Goldfish into the carpet of the bus. Figuring it was an accident, I politely asked her to clean it up. She just looked at me and said, 'The driver'll clean it up.'
"It was 10 p.m. and the driver needed to go home to his family, so I cleaned up the Goldfish crumbs for her. The next day, we were eating pizza, and instead of throwing her paper plate away, she just left it on the ground."
15. "I went to high school with this girl who was pretty wealthy. The day after her birthday, she got out of a brand-new white Mercedes super upset. She was crying, she explained, 'Because my parents got the wrong color. I wanted it in black.'"
Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.