Kevin Weeks, James “Whitey” Bulger’s former right-hand man turned star government witness, had an epic day of testimony in court on Tuesday.
Weeks demonstrated how to use roughly a dozen different types of guns. He discussed the time Bulger wanted to kill someone by blowing them up with a basketball filled with C4 explosives. He threatened to fight Bulger’s lawyer Jay Carney. And the whole time defendant Whitey Bulger sat mostly motionless in the courtroom.
Then, Weeks called Bulger “the biggest rat” and the two old buddies started firing F-bombs at one another.
4. Since this is federal case there are no camera allowed in the courtroom. Not to fear, WGBH News created an animated reenactment of Weeks and Bulger cursing each other out.
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he's voting for Hillary Clinton, joining a growing list of top-ranking Republicans who are breaking rank.
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100M every day 🍎📉
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️