1. Ukrainian skier Bogdana Matsotska announced Thursday that she is leaving Sochi in response to the violence in her home country.
She competed on Feb. 15, in the women’s alpine super-G at Sochi.
2. Matsoksaka, who was scheduled to compete Friday in women’s slalom, is leaving Sochi “in solidarity with the fighters” in Ukraine, her father and coach posted on Facebook. It is unclear if she has already left Russia.
3. The head of Ukraine’s Olympic delegation, pole vaulting great Sergey Bubka, said Thursday that Ukraine would not pull out of the OIympics as a team.
- An American-Israeli teen has been arrested in Israel for bomb threats to Jewish community centers in the US, say the FBI.
- US Republicans worked into the morning trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for the London attack through its news agency, calling the assailant its "soldier."
- A Russian former MP and Putin critic was shot and killed outside an upscale hotel in Ukraine Thursday.