1. College friend of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Dias Kadyrbayev, plead guilty Thursday to obstruction of justice and conspiracy for removing Tsarnaev’s backpack from his dorm room after the Boston Marathon bombing.
Undated photo of Dias Kadyrbayev with Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, at an unknown location.
2. In court, Kadyrbayev admitted he and another friend threw out Tsarnaev’s backpack after he was identified as a suspect in the bombing that killed three and injured more than 260 people.
Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov removed Tsarnaev’s backpack from his UMASS-Dartmouth dorm room. The backpack contained fireworks that had been emptied of their explosive powder, he said.
5. The judge said he would review Kadyrbayev’s plea of guilty for both charges. If he accepts it, Kadybayev will serve no more than seven years in prison.
In this June 2, 2014, file courtroom sketch, Dias Kadyrbayev testifies in federal court in Boston.
9. Kadyrbayev is the second of three Tsarnaev friends to face charges.
Tazhayakov was found guilty of obstruction charges and faces 25 years in prison. A third friend, Robel Phillipos, is charged with lying to authorities when he was allegedly at Tsarnaev’s dorm room on the night the items were taken.
11. Photos released by the U.S. Attorney’s Office and presented as government evidence during the trial of Azamat Tazhayakov shows items that he and Kadyrbayev hid for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev following the Boston Marathon bombing.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏