1. University of California-Santa Barbara surfers and Isla Vista residents gathered in the ocean Wednesday evening off the coast of Santa Barbara to honor the six killed and 13 injured in the shooting rampage that took place last Friday night.
Hundreds hold hands to form a circle in the Pacific Ocean for the Memorial Paddle Out Wednesday May 28, 2014.
2. The memorial “paddle-out” was organized by the UCSB surf team. The organizers said the size of the turnout was shocking — 3,000 people RSVP’d for the event on Facebook.
Hundreds create a circle off Campus Beach for the Isla Vista Shooting Memorial Paddle Out.
“It is just a testament to the strength and resilience of the community,” UCSB surf club member Bradley Martin told the university’s student newspaper, the Daily Nexus. “It is great to see everyone coming together to create a calm environment where we can all celebrate one another and honor those we lost this past week.”
- At least 36 people have died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause.
- Almost a month after the election, NC Gov. Pat McCrory has conceded defeat to Democrat Roy Cooper.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏