3. The ride is built by amusement park manufacturer Technical Park. It is currently called Street Fighter, but will be renamed Super Storm when it is installed in Seaside Heights.
“It’s going to be a super, super ride,” says Mike Graichen, Seaside Heights Public Information and Special Events Coordinator, who confirmed Tuesday that the town’s Casino Pier amusement center will introduce a new ride this summer called Super Storm. Casino Pier maintenance manager Josh Karu says they hope to open the ride by July 4th. The announcement comes the same day that the famous Jet Star roller coaster, swept out to sea by Hurricane Sandy, was removed for good from the ocean. Asked if the name was insensitive, Casino Pier Director of Marketing Toby Wolf tells the Asbury Park Press the Super Storm ride is a “symbol of the strength and resilience of the Jersey Shore.” Following Sandy, Seaside Heights Mayor Bill Akers estimated “a billion dollars in damage” was done to the town.
6. Riders are seated in a circle and swung on a pendulum 360 degrees upside down in air:
8. The Seaside Heights Mayor also doesn’t seem too worried about criticism of the name:
in response to my Q about backlash against the name of the new ride “Super Storm,” mayor Akers:” u go with what you think is right.”
- #Brexit fallout: Opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn says he will not step down after more than 10 cabinet members resigned on Sunday.
- Several people were stabbed during a white nationalist protest in Sacramento.
- Thousands flooded New York City's streets to celebrate Pride on Sunday. It was a colorful party of love and acceptance.