A gripping new ad will premiere this week and air leading up to the one-year anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting on Dec. 14, 2013.
The TV spot titled “No More Silence” was produced pro bono by the Grey Group. Mayors Against Illegal Guns will purchase time on cable news networks for this weekend through the anniversary. It is unclear how many markets the commercial will air in.
On Saturday, Dec. 14, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America will host more than 50 memorial in 35 states with the same “No More Silence” branding, aimed at sending a message that it’s time to make noise about gun reform. The vigils will culminate with a ringing of bells in lieu of a moment of silence to honor the victims from Sandy Hook.
“American mothers will never again listen to those who say it’s too soon after a senseless tragedy like Sandy Hook to discuss gun reform. And we will never again be silent about gun violence – that bell cannot be unrung,” said Shannon Watts, who founded of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America one day after the Sandy Hook shootings.
“Over the past year, we have grieved the loss of too many victims and witnessed too much inaction by our elected officials,” she said.
4. The Connecticut state’s attorney report on the Newtown shooting released last week stated that shooter Adam Lanza entered Sandy Hook elementary school at approximately 9:35 a.m. on Dec. 14, 2012.
- A set of explosions outside of a major sports stadium in Istanbul, Turkey, on Saturday evening have injured at least 38 people.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄