1. The Associated Press and Iran’s IRNA report that police arrested two people who were seen singing and dancing in the music video for the song “Gole Iran” by Ajam.
2. According to Iran’s official IRNA news agency, Police Chief Col. Rahmatollah Taheri, who called the video “vulgar,” said the YouTube clip features scenes from outside and inside Iran, including the city of Shahroud, where the two were arrested.
6. Ajam is based out of London and describes their sound as Iranian roots music. In an interview with CNN about the song and the World Cup, the band said, “Everyone’s got the right mind-set in Iran right now. Everybody is super ready for the World Cup.”
According to the band’s bio posted on their website, Ajam’s music “tries to bring the epic and soulful spirit of the native music of Iran to a new generation.”
- The FBI is investigating Hillary Clinton's private email server after it found new Clinton-related emails while looking into Anthony Weiner's sexting.
- Former employees of Palantir, one of Silicon Valley's most valuable startups, are struggling to cash out of stock options 📉
- Russia has been blocked from serving on the UN Human Rights Council in a surprising vote.
- Here are some of the best Vines to watch before Twitter kills it 💀