1. The Associated Press and Iran’s IRNA report that police arrested two people who were seen singing and dancing in the music video for the song “Gole Iran” by Ajam.
2. According to Iran’s official IRNA news agency, Police Chief Col. Rahmatollah Taheri, who called the video “vulgar,” said the YouTube clip features scenes from outside and inside Iran, including the city of Shahroud, where the two were arrested.
6. Ajam is based out of London and describes their sound as Iranian roots music. In an interview with CNN about the song and the World Cup, the band said, “Everyone’s got the right mind-set in Iran right now. Everybody is super ready for the World Cup.”
According to the band’s bio posted on their website, Ajam’s music “tries to bring the epic and soulful spirit of the native music of Iran to a new generation.”
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩