1. The Associated Press and Iran’s IRNA report that police arrested two people who were seen singing and dancing in the music video for the song “Gole Iran” by Ajam.
2. According to Iran’s official IRNA news agency, Police Chief Col. Rahmatollah Taheri, who called the video “vulgar,” said the YouTube clip features scenes from outside and inside Iran, including the city of Shahroud, where the two were arrested.
6. Ajam is based out of London and describes their sound as Iranian roots music. In an interview with CNN about the song and the World Cup, the band said, “Everyone’s got the right mind-set in Iran right now. Everybody is super ready for the World Cup.”
According to the band’s bio posted on their website, Ajam’s music “tries to bring the epic and soulful spirit of the native music of Iran to a new generation.”
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 29.
- Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝