1. Watch 22-year-old Matthew Cordle’s somber confession in the drunk driving death of Vincent Canzini this past June in Ohio.
2. In the video, Cordle admits that sometimes he drinks heavily to deal with an ongoing battle with depression. On the night of June 22, he hit Canzani’s car while driving blacked-out the wrong way down an Ohio highway.
3. After the accident, Cordle says he spoke to a number of high-powered attorneys who told him they could get him off if he lied in court. Cordle says, when charged, he intends to plead guilty to Canzani’s murder.
6. Cordle’s video has been seen by Franklin County prosecutors who intend to charge him with aggravated vehicular homicide with an alcohol specification, the Associated Press reports.
Cordle may face homicide charges, a spokeswoman for prosecutors said Friday.
7. Cordle ends the clip by begging those who watch his video not to drink and drive.
“I beg you, and I say the word beg specifically, I’m begging you please don’t drink and drive.”
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.