5. Neil Heslin, who lost his six-year-old son Jesse in the Newtown massacre, is one of the people behind No Father’s Day
Heslin, along with partners including community organizing network PICO, Americans United and New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, is helping launch NoFathersDay.org six months after the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting as a platform for people to email Congress imploring them to pass gun control legislation.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- At least nine people have been killed after a fire broke out during a warehouse party late Friday night in Oakland, California.
- A public health expert says President-elect Mike Pence's resistance to needle exchanges during Indiana's HIV outbreak last year is the direct result of systemic failure.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 💪