5. Neil Heslin, who lost his six-year-old son Jesse in the Newtown massacre, is one of the people behind No Father’s Day
Heslin, along with partners including community organizing network PICO, Americans United and New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, is helping launch NoFathersDay.org six months after the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting as a platform for people to email Congress imploring them to pass gun control legislation.
- The public's mistrust of Trump might be especially dangerous in a catastrophe rooted in science — like an asteroid or the next Ebola.
- Thousands of people hit the streets on Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.