1. The spot created by gun safety organization Evolve puts a humorous spin on the gun responsibility debate, depicting Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers debating whether or not the Second Amendment should remind gun owners not to “dumbasses.”
“Safety is not a side. Gun owners and non-gun owners live with guns in this country, and we should all be able to have a collaborative conversation about how to think about gun safety,” says Rebecca Bond, Co-Founder of Evolve. “Humor can be a gateway to taking away the defensiveness that is the legacy of these discussions. We hope to put this conversation on the kitchen table and start talking about it.”
The ad was directed by Seth Gordon (Horrible Bosses, Identity Thief, Four Christmases), and produced pro bono by advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi.
Evolve Co-Founder Jon Bonds adds: “We want the ‘Dumbass’ concept to catch on in popular culture the way ‘friends don’t let friends drive drunk’ did for safe driving.”
- Donald Trump criticized NATO, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and the European Union in an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.