1. An Instagram photo posted by MediaBlackOutUSA appears to show a “I Am Darren Wilson” bracelet worn by police at a demonstration for Michael Brown on Tuesday night in Ferguson, Missouri.
2. Missouri Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson acknowledged the bracelets during a press conference on Wednesday. “I think that was not a statement of law enforcement. I think wearing that was an individual statement,” Johnson said.
Johnson said he would speak to the agencies of the officers who wore the bracelets, but did not specify which departments they were.
A fire burns Tuesday, Sept. 23, at a memorial in Ferguson, Missouri, on the site where a Missouri police officer fatally shot 18-year-old Michael Brown.
4. New protests happened on Tuesday after a memorial for Michael Brown was burned to the ground earlier that day.
At least one business was broken into, five people were arrested, and two officers were injured. Johnson said that moving forward he would deploy police in riot gear if necessary.
“We cannot have nights like last night,” Johnson said.
Johnson said that if the unrest continues he will consider deploying police in riot gear to Ferguson.
A Missouri Highway Patrol trooper looks inside the vandalized Beauty Town store on West Florissant Avenue in Ferguson.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈