1. Updated — 2:30 p.m. ET:
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford sat down with CBC Toronto’s Dwight Drummond Wednesday for his first one-on-one interview since he returned to office from a two-month stint in rehab.
When asked to what extent Ford — who was accused of smoking crack on video — used other drugs, including heroin, Ford told Drummond, “You name it, I pretty well covered it.”
Ford told Drummond that during his time as mayor he never used drugs in his office, but he did drink.
“I’m taking it one day at a time. I did not drink yesterday, I haven’t drunk today,” Ford said.
Ford, who returned to his mayoral post earlier this week after two months in rehab, said he vows to continue his bid for reelection this fall, stating at a press conference Monday, “I look forward to serving you for many, many more years.”
4. Update: Rob Ford denies he used heroin.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀