2. Firefighters battled the 10-alarm blaze for hours and the Seaside Park police chief declared a state of emergency, according to WABC.
3. The smoke plume quickly grew to be HUGE.
4. Gov. Chris Christie said 400 firefighters were battling the blaze, including 35 engine and 15 ladder companies. He said the rapid spread of the fire was due to high winds.
Christie said when he first heard about the boardwalk fire, “I said to my staff, I feel like I want to throw up.”
6. From the air, the fire appears to cover at least four blocks of the boardwalk.
7. Seaside Park’s boardwalk survived Hurricane Sandy, but underwent extensive repair this past year.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- EU leaders gathered for talks and agreed they want Britain to leave "as soon as possible."
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.