1. UPDATE: Photo of Chad Oulson and his wife Nicole, who were shot Monday in a Tampa movie theater by a retired police officer.
Chad Oulson, 43, died and his wife Nicole sustained non-life-threatening injuries when Curtis Reeves Jr., 71, a retired Tampa Bay police officer, opened fire on the couple during a screening of “Lone Survivor” at the Cobb Theater in Wesley Chapel, Florida.
2. Reeves was charged with second-degree murder and expected to make his first court appearance Tuesday afternoon.
One man is dead, and another woman sustained non-life-threatening injuries, after shots were fired inside a Florida movie theater Monday in the Tampa-area. The victims were identified late Monday afternoon by the Pasco County Sheriff as Chad and Nicole Oulson.
Oulson was reportedly making noise and texting on his phone during a screening of “Lone Survivor” when a fellow movie-watcher grew angry, pulled a gun, and shot him. The suspected shooter was identified as Curtis Reeves, a retired Tampa police officer.
A Sumter County off-duty police officer and Good Samaritan held Reeves in custody until police arrived, according to the Pasco County Sheriff.
The Cobb Theater has closed pending an ongoing investigation.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎