1. UPDATE: Photo of Chad Oulson and his wife Nicole, who were shot Monday in a Tampa movie theater by a retired police officer.
Chad Oulson, 43, died and his wife Nicole sustained non-life-threatening injuries when Curtis Reeves Jr., 71, a retired Tampa Bay police officer, opened fire on the couple during a screening of “Lone Survivor” at the Cobb Theater in Wesley Chapel, Florida.
2. Reeves was charged with second-degree murder and expected to make his first court appearance Tuesday afternoon.
One man is dead, and another woman sustained non-life-threatening injuries, after shots were fired inside a Florida movie theater Monday in the Tampa-area. The victims were identified late Monday afternoon by the Pasco County Sheriff as Chad and Nicole Oulson.
Oulson was reportedly making noise and texting on his phone during a screening of “Lone Survivor” when a fellow movie-watcher grew angry, pulled a gun, and shot him. The suspected shooter was identified as Curtis Reeves, a retired Tampa police officer.
A Sumter County off-duty police officer and Good Samaritan held Reeves in custody until police arrived, according to the Pasco County Sheriff.
The Cobb Theater has closed pending an ongoing investigation.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross under a river near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- An armed man was arrested Sunday near a pizza spot named in a Hillary Clinton conspiracy rumor. Here's how "Pizzagate" was spread.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 33. "We're expecting the worst and hoping for the best," officials said Sunday.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏