1. A news chopper went down on Broad Street in downtown Seattle just a few feet from the Space Needle on Tuesday morning. Three cars were involved in the crash and reportedly exploded.
2. Local reporter for KOMO news, Kelly Koopmans, heard the crash from the KOMO newsroom.
5. Two people on board the helicopter have died, and one was transported from the scene in critical condition. The two who died were the only people on board the helicopter, according to the Seattle Fire Department.
6. A 38-year-old man who was in a car at the scene was transported to Harborview hospital with life-threatening injuries.
7. Video from the scene:
8. This photo shows how close the crash was to the Space Needle.
10. The helicopter was taking off at the time of the crash, according to the FAA.
12. UPDATE — March, 18, 2:00 p.m. ET
KOMO-TV says long time Seattle photographer Bill Strothman was killed in today’s helicopter crash. Strothman’s son, Dan, is also a KOMO photographer.