1. Updated — 6:30 p.m. ET
Greg Oden’s mugshot.
3. Former top draft choice and NBA free agent Greg Oden was arrested Thursday for allegedly punching his ex-girlfriend at his mother’s house, the Indianapolis Star reports:
The incident happened around 3:30 a.m. in the 7200 block of Maple Bluff Place, according to a Lawrence Police Department report.
Officers arrived at the home to find the victim crying and lying across a bed holding her face, police said. A woman described as the victim’s best friend first told officers what happened, police said.
“He punched her in the face,” the witness said, according to the report.
4. According to the police report, Oden was booked Thursday on misdemeanor battery charges. “I was wrong and I know what has to happen,” Oden told officers.
The 7-foot tall Oden was an Indiana high school basketball star at Lawrence High School. After one year at Ohio State University, Oden went on to be drafted number one overall by the Portland Trailblazers in 2007.
Plagued by injury, Oden’s NBA career has been considered a bust. He is currently a free agent. Oden most recently played with the Miami Heat.
Greg Oden on the Miami Heat.
7. Greg Oden was released Thursday on bond and was given an ankle bracelet until his next court day, WTHR reports.
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk Of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- Hillary Clinton responded to that "Death Row Records" meme about her debate outfits.