2. The 10-alarm fire raged for nine hours and destroyed 50 businesses over four blocks.
3. About 100 firefighters remained on the scene to put out smoldering “hot spots” still burning.
4. Only a few minor injuries were reported, and no residences were badly damaged.
5. “We don’t know yet [how this fire started] and it would be irresponsible to speculate,” Gov. Chris Christie said Friday.
6. Speaking from the site of the blaze Friday, Gov. Christie said that he learned about the fire while holding his weekly Hurricane Sandy recovery meeting with officials.
Surveying the boardwalk damage in Seaside w/ the Lt Governor and local officials right now.
7. “It made me want to throw up,” Christie said. “We saw that burnt to the ground last night and finish the job that Sandy started.”
Christie from last night.
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he's voting for Hillary Clinton, joining a growing list of top-ranking Republicans who are breaking rank.
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100M every day 🍎📉
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️