1. An 8-year-old boy was shot and killed at his Detroit, home while he was asleep in bed around 1 a.m. on Wednesday, CBS Detroit reports. The fatal shooting reportedly resulted from a domestic dispute between the boy’s mother and an unidentified man.
The slain boy was identified by family and friends to the Detroit News and Detroit Free Press as Jakari Pearson. He was sleeping when a bullet entered his room through the window and struck him in the chest. Pearson was rushed to the Children’s Hospital of Michigan, where he later died.
3. Bullet holes seen through Jakari Pearson’s window.
According to the Associated Press, neighbors describe Jakari as a “good boy” who could be seen around the neighborhood a lot playing baseball with friends.
According to CBS Detroit, Pearson’s mother was also shot and taken to the hospital. Her condition is unknown at this time. Neighbors told the local television station that they heard up to five shots.
5. Jakari Pearson’s father, Jamre Pearson, is held back by a friend outside his home on Wednesday after his son was shot.
6. Police do not have a suspect in custody yet. However, Sgt. Michael Woody told reporters Wednesday, “We have a pretty good idea of who it is that we are looking for.”
7. A neighbor leaves a stuffed animal on the front porch of the Detroit home where Jakari Pearson was shot and killed.
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯🗒
- United Airlines settled with the man who was violently dragged off a plane in a video that spurred widespread outrage.
- Sean Spicer blamed the Obama administration for not vetting Michael Flynn before he became Trump's national security adviser 🤔
- There's a potential writers strike looming and it could suddenly shut down the filming of your favorite TV shows 📺