2. Officer Anthony Espada on first seeing Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus during the raid on Ariel Castro’s house
“It was Michelle. She kind of popped out into the doorway, and paused there. Within moments she came charging at me, she jumped onto me and she’s like you saved us, you saved us! And I’m holding onto her so tight. And then within a few seconds I see another girl come out of the bedroom. I just look at her. You can immediately tell who it is, just thinner. And I ask her what’s her name: She says my name is Georgina DeJesus.”
3. Officer Barbara Johnson on finding the women
“When [Anthony] put her down, she jumped up into my arms and screamed: Please don’t let me go! Please don’t let me go! I said honey don’t worry I’m not letting you go.”
4. Officer Mike Tracy on the shock of seeing the kidnapping victims after 10 years of search
“I look around then I see Gina DeJesus walking out of the bedroom, and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I just stopped there for a second just in awe of what I was seeing. It’s amazing. It’s unbelievable.”
- U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, a Republican, said he was not ready to endorse Donald Trump for president 🇺🇸
- A jury has found Lonnie Franklin Jr. guilty in the "Grim Sleeper" serial killings of 10 black women in Los Angeles.
- The UK heads to the polls today, with a race for London mayor, a fight for the Scottish parliament, and council elections across England.