1. The FBI showed up at the former residence of Ariel Castro early Wednesday to level the house with a crane. The demolition of the house was part of the Cleveland kidnapper’s guilty plea deal which spared him the death penalty.
2. Watch spectators cheer as the ‘House of Horrors’ demolition begins.
3. Debris from the house was loaded into trucks and driven away to prevent scavengers from sifting through for “murderabilia.”
4. Castro victim Michelle Knight brought yellow balloons to the demolition and released them into the air.
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.