1. Troops clashed with protesters in the streets of São Paulo this morning, just hours before the opening match of the World Cup.
5. The demonstrators were protesting the millions of dollars that Brazil has spent on the World Cup, arguing the money should have been spent on improving public services.
6. Video footage from the BBC appears to show riot police using teargas against protesters, arresting one person.
Aerial shot of protesters in São Paulo. Tweets reads: “Protesters against the World Cup near Carrao subway. Avoid the area!”
15. A CNN crew was hurt while covering the protest.
Tweet reads: “This is what protesters are getting thrown in Sao Paulo right now.”
Tweet reads: “Another image of what’s happening in Sao Paulo right now.”
29. A protester holds a sign that reads in Portuguese “There won’t be a Cup!”
This story is developing. Follow @BuzzFeedNews for more updates.