1. Kids play with Batman in the Favela do Metro slum in Rio, an area near the Maracana stadium playing host to the 2014 World Cup in June.
5. The removal of the community, near the Maracana stadium, is part of the renovation works of the area for the World Cup 2014, Reuters reports.
6. Residents are protesting their eviction from their homes which will be demolished for the construction of a leisure and automotive trade area during the soccer tournament.
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.