2. Moms Demand Action posted the picture on Facebook along with this caption, suggesting that the people in the photo were members of the pro-gun activist group Open Carry Texas, and were there to scare the anti-gun mothers during their lunch.
WHAT ARE THESE MEN DOING? No, they’re not military defending our country or police responding to a mass shooting. They’re members of Open Carry Texas and they showed up earlier today to protest a membership meeting being held by four members of Moms Demand Action inside a restaurant in Dallas. These men, armed with semi-automatic rifles, terrified customers and passersby.
5. Open Carry Texas also tweeted this image early Monday morning suggesting that perception of their intentions for being in Blue Mesa Grill parking lot had been skewed by the anti-gun PR and the media.
Open Carry Texas
Poor @MomsDemand having to lie to its members and the public to push their agenda. Sad. So sad.
7. Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America provided the following statement claiming that the gun rights activists found out about their meeting on Facebook and showed up to confront them during their lunch.
Four members of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America gathered for a membership meeting today at Blue Mesa Grill restaurant. We were confronted soon after by gun advocates who found out about our meeting on Facebook - they disagree with our goal of changing America’s gun laws and policies to protect our children and families. Nearly 40 armed men, women and children held a protest in the parking lot - many of them armed with semi-automatic rifles. Our mom members and restaurant customers were terrified by what appeared to be an armed ambush. Sadly, these bullies are attempting to use guns to intimidate moms and children and to infringe on our constitutional right to free speech. But Moms Demand Action will not be deterred. The desperate actions of this vocal minority only fuels our determination to fight for gun reform in Texas and across the country. Change will come.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️
- Donald Trump's campaign paid a Barnes & Noble $55,055 to buy more than 3,500 hardcover copies of his book.