1. The long-awaited trial of Whitey Bulger is finally underway in Boston. Day One included accusations of murder, intrigue, a stunning admission by the defense, sleeping jurors, and a story about assault with food from McDonald’s.
Bulger faces 32 counts of racketeering, extortion, money laundering and firearms possession, and allegations that he participated in 19 murders. Bulger fled Boston in 1994 and remained in hiding until he was captured in 2011 in California.
2. You’re going to wish you were in the courtroom.
24. Photos of Whitey Bulger’s 19 alleged murder victims were shown.
37. The trial will resume tomorrow!
- We cannot go back: Tribal leaders say they will fight Trump's revival of the Dakota Access and Keystone XL pipelines.
- Mark Zuckerberg denied rumors that he might run for president, telling BuzzFeed News, "I'm focused on building our community at Facebook."
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing defended Trump's claim that millions of people voted illegally—but he cited a debunked study.
- A national park deleted its tweets about climate change after Trump silenced some US environmental agencies 👀