1. Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez appeared in Fall River, Mass., court Friday and entered not guilty plea to first-degree murder and five weapons charges.
Hernandez is charged with the killing of 27-year-old semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.
Both the prosecution and defense agreed that Hernandez would continue to be held without bail until a later hearing when the topic would be revisited. Hernandez’s next court date was scheduled for Oct. 9.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app, Meitu. Say cheese 📸