But alas, eventually that drought has to end. Until that faithful day comes where I can find someone to go on picnics with at the park, drinking red wine, listening to good music and just enjoying the company of each other, I will sit here cuddling my pillow watching The Mindy Project .
But hey even if you don't want to date yourself you can always go out with some friends and do something fun. If anything here's what I learned:
1. A date is something that should make you happy and is an opportunity to learn something new about a person (in this case yourself).
2. Learn to take yourself on dates often, because at the end of the day you're stuck with yourself for life so you may as well have fun with it.
3. Go outside of your comfort zone. I would never have thought to see a psychic, go surfing, get a random tattoo, buy random things, and make myself a fancy dinner all in the same day, but it turned out to be so much fun!
4. Love is expressed in different ways everywhere. Your friends love you for you and sometimes you gotta realize all the love around you is just as satisfying as giving piggybacks to a significant other on a moonlit night.
5. Psychics are crazy, but they somehow say the things you need to hear the most. I mean I for one didn't realize I was blocking people out or that how I feel is sometimes not expressed clearly through my words.