Watch the video bellow to see how it's made
Now that I showed how this Thai chicken salad stands out, I would like to give you a few tips that you need to know before making it:
* You can slice/chop everything with a very sharp knife, but for faster results, you should use a mandoline slicer. It took me less than 10 minutes to chop everything with it.
* If you don’t have time to cook the chicken, you can use rotisserie chicken.
* Heck, you can even use chicken or turkey leftovers.
* Only pour the dressing before serving it. If you add and leave it for a while, your Thai chicken salad will lose its crunchy texture and become soggy.
* If you make it as part of a weekly meal prep, place it in airtight casseroles and keep the dressing separately in a lidded jar. Again, only mix them before serving.
* Boil the edamame beans with a bit of salt, for one minute, before adding them to your Thai salad.
* You can add sesame seeds or peanuts. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any of them handy, but you should definitely give it a try, and let me know how it came out. I am sure it will be crazy delish.
* If you’re a vegetarian or looking to reduce meat from your diet, you can leave the chicken out and add more edamame beans to make it more filling.
Thai Chicken Salad Recipe
* 4 (1.5 lbs.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1 small green cabbage shredded
* 1 small red cabbage shredded
* 1 large carrot shredded
* 1 red sweet pepper cut into thin strips
* 1 1/2 cup edamame beans
* a small bunch of cilantro or parsley
* 1/2 cup green onions
* 1/4 cup light soy sauce
* 2 Tbsp honey
* 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
* 2 Tbsp sesame oil
* 1 red chili deseeded and finely chopped
* 1 garlic clove minced
# Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
# Place the chicken breast in a baking dish, then season generously with salt and pepper
# Add a drizzle of olive oil, and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink on the inside
# Remove from the oven, let it cool, then and shred with two forks
# In a large bowl, mix all salad ingredients together, pour the dressing over and toss gently to combine
Instructions for making the dressing
In a small jar, mix all dressing ingredients together. Shake vigorously to emulsify.