And while we all can’t be LC, we can at least try to ‘gram like her.
6. Blur that background.
This might be easier said than done when you’re working with a phone camera, but sometimes it’s just as simple as making sure you focus on the subject closest to you before snapping the shot. You can also use the tilt-shift effect in Instagram, though it won’t work great on every picture.
10. Take those same flowers and cover your things with them.
Without the flowers, these photos might have been too monochromatic. But the petals really add a nice, subtle pop of color to both images. And while it’s not 100% clear what either photo is of, it doesn’t really matter, because whatever it is, it looks good covered in flowers.
11. Share things you’re proud of.
We’re not all clothing designers and authors of multiple books like our girl LC, but everyone has something they’re proud of. Your friends (if they’re good friends) will be happy for you, no matter how small or large the accomplishment.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪