1. Everyone knows that hard surfaces don't absorb sound, so cover up as much flooring as possible with high pile rugs.
2. Place sound-proofing foam wedges (foam-side out) on your windows to dampen obnoxious street noise.
4. Outfit your door with a door sweep that'll keep your A/C IN and the sound of bad reality TV blaring in the living room OUT.
7. Or invest in an air purifier that'll freshen up your stale bedroom air while humming over your loud AF fridge.
8. Plug in a pair of snug Flents Contour ear plugs that'll mute your roommate's loud music next door.
11. Let the audiobook version of your favorite book — like say, Harry Potter — divert your attention from those damn birds outside your window and drift you off to sleep.
12. Tune in to Amazon's Ambient channel for relaxing ocean, thunderstorm, and box fan sounds.
"Amazon recently added an 'Ambient' channel to their video app. Oceans, thunderstorms, box fans, white noise — you name it. Some of them just show a black screen, others will show things like a starry field or ocean at night. Netflix has some, too, but not as much of a selection. (They do have an 8-hour video of a train ride, though! It's pretty great.)" —joekaf