What you need:
*A bunch of small elastics
What to do:
1. Make a small pony with all of the hair at the very front of your head.
2. Follow with another pony leaving out the sides (think just center).
3. Split the first pony into two equal parts.
4. Lift the second pony and place in between the two sections you just split, and clip that off.
5. Bring the two sections down and create another pony, lifting hair from ear to ear (essentially your'e grabbing hair to create another pony but incorporating the two sections as well).
6. Once the pony is made, unclip the pony on top and divide into two equal parts.
7. From here, you're repeating steps three through six until you reach the nape of the neck.
8. Once you get to the nape, you should be left with two ponytails on top of each other.
9. Take the top ponytail and wrap an elastic around it about two inches from the top.
10. Then, create a little hole in that section you just created and pull through the bottom pony. It should have a similar effect to what's been done already on your head.
11. Repeat this all the way down and leave some excess hair to tease.
12. This is the fun part! Now, starting from the top, start slowly pulling out sections to make them appear full. This is what's going to give that ~wow~ effect and really show off the faux hawk.
13. Follow with some finishing spray to hold in place.